Old September 13th 05, 04:22 PM
Richard Harrison

Eternal Squire wrote:
"I`d like some advice for determining the best antenna to put up in my
situation.

I am getting set to move to a trailer park in northeast Arizona."

Phil Rand, W1DBM distilled 35 years of trailering experience in QST and
it was reprinted in the 1978 ARRL Antenna Anthology.

As Richard Clark wrote, there is no miracle antenna.

Phil found a simple dipole only a few feet above ground would outperform
a mobile whip on 40 or 75 meters.

Here is Phil`s Table 3:

Hustler 75-meter Mobile whip mounted vertically on top rear corner of
trailer-------S7

Same as above with 60-foot counterpoise connected to
trailer-----------------------------S9

Two Hustler mobile whips back to nack
as a horizontal loaded dipole-------------S9+5dB

60-foot horizontal wire 8 feet high using trailer (30-ft. Airstream)
as ground------S9+10dB

Hustler 4BTV trap vertical with
75 meter resonator-------------------------S9+10dB
120 foot dipole, 15 feet high at

Airstream Loop antenna------------------S9+20dB

Home station dipole 50 feet high------S9+30dB

Feet = 0.3048 m

There is a lot more in the article which may interest operators from
trailers, but I`m not a typist. Check the Airstream Loop antenna.
Nothing extends laterally from the trailer to trip anyone up.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI