Old September 14th 05, 02:25 AM
Bob Bob

One of the tricks I learnt early on with RTV sealant in medical
ultrasound water tanks is if you wet the surfaces with water and a
detergent wetting agent the sealant wont actually adhere to the
prewetted surface. Kind of handy if you wanted to force the sealant into
a clearance slot and remove it later.

Or was it oil? Damn I cant remember! I know kerosene is used to pre the
surface for better adhesion...

How about paper/masking tape over the gaps and spraying with that gluggy
sealant you use on sink drains?

Probably not very useful thoughts, sorry!

Cheers Bob W5/VK2YQA

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

Maybe ... get some axle grease, or RTV sealant would be better, perhaps.
Both should peal off reasonable well.

One other thing I am concerned with tho. I always heard that the rotar
must be kept in a vertical position or the grease would drain out of the
bearings? Wives tale ??? I don't know. But I always keep mine vertical
when stored.

Dan/W4NTI