Old August 12th 04, 03:21 AM
Scott Dorsey

Phil Witt wrote:
On 11 Aug 2004 10:02:56 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Not on Sunday afternoon when the transmitter is down and the boss is screaming
at you and you're trying to explain to the man that you want an XLR plug with
four pins, and not three, and he's telling you that nobody uses XLR plugs any
more.

Could you elaborate on that particular trouble? I'm having a hard time
figuring out how an XLR connector could go bad or what you would need
one to get back up.

In this case, the XLR connector didn't go bad, the %^$%#@!!! TFT remote
control unit blew up, with a nice hole in the PC board of the horribly
undersized power supply and all sorts of collateral damage. And one
of the other stations in town had a spare Moseley unit that I was able
to grab, but not the connectors for the thing.

I swear, my contract is going to say "no Sparta consoles, no TFT STLs"
soon.
--scott