Old August 12th 04, 08:43 PM
Michael Black

"L." ) writes:
"Scott McKnight" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:46:36 GMT, "VT1" wrote:

RADIO SHACK :

YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? .... WE HAVE DUMB LOOKS!

You have questions? ...we have some products that we'll attempt to
shoehorn into your solution. BTW, can we sell you a cellular phone
today?

-Scott

I usually kill the "new cell phone" pitch by walking in with mine in open
view. Works most of the time! As to shopping, you're better off knowing what
you want and need and what they offer before going in. At least most of us
are better equipped to do that, than the average person! Usually, the guys
at the store I go to, know my electronics background, so they rarely bother
me. It's the newbies who don't know, who approach me. It is sad that many
are clueless in what they sell. It isn't easy knowing everything. What hurt
them, is the motto.. "You have questions, we have answers." Too many take
that for granted. The employees I suppose try to help even if they come up
with half wit answers. They "should" endeavor to learn what they sell, but
they're also made to push the cell phones and such..... They can't be making
any commission worth a damned off off a $1.99 part. The other thing is too,
that with SMT technology, not many are repairing let alone
building/experimenting these days.

L.

Every time threads like this come up, someone brings in their slogan.