Old September 14th 05, 10:23 PM
Frank346

The 2051 is missing lots of features like CTCSS/DCS, alpha tags, Mot 900 MHz
tracking, and EDACS narrow. It is apparently now discontinued and may be
worth getting if the price drops below $100. Otherwise consider the PRO-2055
instead. There is no manual for the PRO-2055 on the Radio Shack site but you
can compare features by downloading the PRO-97 manual and the PRO-2051
manual.

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
I'm looking for opinions on the Pro-2051 scanner. The only experience I
have had with "pre-programmed" scanners are my 2 older Uniden BCT7s. I

live
in Michigan, so I know that I "need" digital, however I have yet to

purchase
ANY scanner that is digital capable, as they are far beyond my budget,
unfortunately.

The scanner will be used to replace my BCT7 in my car, in case anybody is
wondering... I guess I am just wondering if there is any reason to buy

this
to replace my current unit. Would it be worth my while, as perhaps it
offers better performance than my BCT7? At the very least, I'm sure it

will
provide me some relief from all the cellular phone images in the 800-band,
as mine is the older, DUAL conversion unit, not the newer triple
conversion...

Currently setup consists of the Mobile Mag-mount RS scanner antenna, with

my
(older style) BCT7.

Thanks for any input!