Old September 13th 03, 05:09 PM
Caveat Lector

"Dealmeister" wrote in message
m...
Two questions:

1. I like to surf the web while Dxing; my computer creates a lot of

noise.
Too DX and surf, obviously the radio and PC need to be in relatively close
proximity. Anythoughts on how I can cut down the noise?

I solved the problem by using a Toshiba Laptop.
Laptops by design can be well shielded and some like the Toshiba are.
And laptops have an LCD screen eliminating the CRT noise problem, otherwise
see

Computer noise abatement at URL;
http://ac6v.com/comprfi.htm

2. Can anyone recommend a good decoder? Years ago I used the AEA PK-232.
These days I'd like to buy a decoder that covers as much of the used

formats
as possible. Key for me will be simplicity though. I don't want something
with a manual or operation that's so technical it won't be fun. I want
something that is as "plug and play" as possible.

Your computer can decode digital signals -- for software see URL:
MixW Software
http://www.nvbb.net/~jaffejim/mixwpage.htm
Does:
SSB