Old September 15th 05, 09:06 AM

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 04:46:53 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Carter-K8VT wrote:

wrote:
Somebody hooked up the wrong wires,,,, ZAPPPP!!!

Time out from our regularly scheduled round of insults for what I think
is a funny power outage story...

One of my friends, a big time Hallicrafters/Willys/pipe organ collector,
ham and SWL, had a power failure a few years ago. He called the power
company to report it but after several hours, they had yet to arrive.

So he calls again, says he has a question. He says he's got his ladder
against the power pole, got his car jumper cables out, but just wants to
know if it made any difference where he connected the red cable.

They were there in 5 minutes.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled insults...

They wanted to watch the explosion, and to find out where he got the
35 foot jumper cables.

Twenty feet would normally be plenty. Two sisteen-footers
hooked together would do just fine.