Old September 15th 05, 02:07 PM
Cecil Moore

David wrote:
So for the 1/4 wave (81mm) section of the antenna the loss would be
about 0.05dB ? at 915 MHz.

Depends upon whether you leave the insulation on the radiating
part or not. But what I was concerned about is the transmission
line. You lose about half of your power every 15 feet. Until
your last posting, you didn't tell us the length of the
transmission line but personally I find 1.2 dB matched line
loss in six feet to be unacceptable. Any SWR above 1:1 and the
losses are even greater.

Cecil Moore wrote:
I wouldn't use RG58 for anything above HF. It has 20 dB
matched line loss per 100 ft at that frequency.

--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp