Old August 13th 04, 10:01 PM
Steve

Hi John,
First, I never said all were stupid, but many of them
really don't have a clue. They could be selling shirts at the Gap.
RS should really train these guys a bit more or hire people with a
bit more electronic knowledge. After all, RS is an electronic store, right?
As to your question, it is a good one.
One guy worked at Grumman before he retired there
and wanted to keep busy a few days a week.
The second guy was a ham radio extra who worked there
during the Christmas holidays last year.
And the third was a girl who use to work at Verizon. Not as an operator
but in the tech area.
All these people I know are not dummies by any standard. It is just
RS usually hires the young that are not to experienced as of yet.

John Miller wrote:

Steve wrote:
In MHO, radio shack should have gone out of business years ago!
I use to know 3 people that worked in different stores.
All of them said basically the same thing. The equipment is nice looking
but the insides are substandard and the parts
(if they have them) are only experimenters quality.

Leaves one wondering about just one thing, Steve. If the RS employees are
as stupid as you claim they are, HOW WOULD THEY KNOW?
--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

"Because he's a character who's looking for his own identity, [He-Man is] an
interesting role for an actor."
-Dolph Lundgren, "actor"