Old September 15th 05, 06:02 PM
Madakota Madakota is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnyny
On March 15th the station celebrated 25 years on the air.
Not to quibble over details in such a truly fine posting -- but I do have one comment. WBCN has actually been in existence for well over 25 years. On air broadcasting commenced in 1958 as a classical station and in 1968 the first AOR format was adopted. Since my first listening experience dates to September of 1968, I prefer to recall that as WBCN's birthdate -- applying my convoluted logic, the station is 37 years old. A great synopsis of WBCN's history is posted at www.bostonradio.org/stations/26897.html . CCR's "Suzie Q" is the first tune I enjoyed on 'BCN in 1968, those raucus days when FM radio was still novel for the masses.

Madakota