Old September 15th 05, 06:27 PM
maxfoo

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:29:09 GMT, "Mauro" wrote:

I'm not an expert and need some help.
I've build a DDS around an AD9951.
I drive it at 400MHz from a source at 200MHz multiplied by 2. I get an
output freq of 20MHz.
I now drive it directly from the same source at 200MHz. I changed the
register inside DDS to still get 20MHz on output.
I do not have any possibility to measure the phase noise.
So the question: is it possible to estimate if the phase noise of the 20MHz
output is getting better, worst or is it going to remain the same?
Thanks for the support.
73
Mauro

I won't be to concerned with phase noise, with that dds I'd be more worried
about spurs. Those AD dds chips are notorious for them.