Old September 15th 05, 08:24 PM
K4YZ

Does anyone have the schematic for the RS-35M, in particular the
crowbar protection circuit?

Sorry Steve but no gots.

Also, does anyone know of any RFI problems
within certain bands for this supply?

I have a VS-35M which is the variable-voltage version of your RS-35M
and I've used it to power rigs from 160 thru 2M and have never had an
RFI problem either way. Very quiet P/S. I also have an SS-30 switcher
and it's just as quiet as the analog supply. Astron "makes good stuff".

I agree...I've had this one almost 15 years now, and it's been
great. I did take a power spike in 95 from a lightning storm and had
to ship it then. As I remember then it was about $65 to fix it, and I
forgot what my out-going shipping is...The cheapest I can find right
now is $40...For that much plus what I am sure is an increase in repair
fees at Antron, I'd almost be better off going for a new supply.

K0HB said:

I have 2 RS35M and one RS50M in the shack, between them often loaded to
about 80A in aggregate. I have no known RFI problems from them.

(Sorry, no schematic)

UNQUOTE

Thanks anyhow, Hans...This unit had sat unused for almost 2 years,
and I didn't know whether to consider the failure during tune-up to be
due to that, or the fact I was on a band I hadn't used before. I had
made 1 QSO with Jim, N2EY on 30M a week ago and had no problems then...

The CH53A and D Sea Stallion's used to have a problem losing the
primary AC generators if the HF was tuned up on 7 or 13MHZ due to RFI
problems in the overspeed protection system.

Hopefully someone else can come up with the schematic for
me...I've got several feelers out.

73

Steve, K4YZ