Old September 15th 05, 11:52 PM
Madakota

mnyny Wrote:
On March 15th the station celebrated 25 years on the air.

Not to quibble over details in such a truly fine posting -- but I do
have one comment. WBCN has actually been in existence for well over 25
years. On air broadcasting commenced in 1958 as a classical station and
in 1968 the first AOR format was adopted. Since my first listening
experience dates to September of 1968, I prefer to recall that as
WBCN's birthdate -- applying my convoluted logic, the station is 37
years old. A great synopsis of WBCN's history is posted at
www.bostonradio.org/stations/26897.html . CCR's "Suzie Q" is the first
tune I enjoyed on 'BCN in 1968, those raucus days when FM radio was
still novel for the masses.

Madakota

--
Madakota