Old September 16th 05, 03:26 PM
Cecil Moore

David wrote:
Do you know where I might find a second hand copy ?

Google "used books". I've had good luck with
www.abebooks.com

I have also run across foreign published books that
are about half priced and new. Don't recall the URL.

But I've given you all the information in Kraus' book
about that particular antenna. Laid on its side:

|----------/////--------------------
| 1/4WL coil 1/2WL

The coil is a 180 deg. phase reversing coil. If I
remember correctly, that means it is self-resonant.
If that's right, it probably means that a trap
would work instead of a coil. The impedance at the
bottom and top of the coil is very high so it seems
to me that instead of blocking the signal, like an
ordinary trap, a trap would merely reverse the phase.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp