Old September 16th 05, 11:50 AM

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Does anyone have the schematic for the RS-35M, in particular the
crowbar protection circuit?

Sorry Steve but no gots.

Also, does anyone know of any RFI problems
within certain bands for this supply?

I have a VS-35M which is the variable-voltage version of your RS-35M
and I've used it to power rigs from 160 thru 2M and have never had an
RFI problem either way. Very quiet P/S. I also have an SS-30 switcher
and it's just as quiet as the analog supply. Astron "makes good stuff".

I agree...I've had this one almost 15 years now, and it's been
great. I did take a power spike in 95 from a lightning storm and had
to ship it then. As I remember then it was about $65 to fix it, and I
forgot what my out-going shipping is...The cheapest I can find right
now is $40...For that much plus what I am sure is an increase in repair
fees at Antron, I'd almost be better off going for a new supply.

K0HB said:

I have 2 RS35M and one RS50M in the shack, between them often loaded to
about 80A in aggregate. I have no known RFI problems from them.

(Sorry, no schematic)

UNQUOTE

Thanks anyhow, Hans...This unit had sat unused for almost 2 years,
and I didn't know whether to consider the failure during tune-up to be
due to that, or the fact I was on a band I hadn't used before. I had
made 1 QSO with Jim, N2EY on 30M a week ago and had no problems then...

The CH53A and D Sea Stallion's used to have a problem losing the
primary AC generators if the HF was tuned up on 7 or 13MHZ due to RFI
problems in the overspeed protection system.

Hopefully someone else can come up with the schematic for
me...I've got several feelers out.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, my RS-35a took a spike and blew up many years ago. Actually the
MOV blew up, the rest just quit working. I ordered new power
transistors (4), a new regulator chip, and a MOV. I replaced all of
it. Be sure to screw the power transistors down tight. Then I turned
it on, and it worked again. But I'm not an electronics engineer, nor
do I pretend to be one on RRAP.

I'll look through my files and see if I have the schematic; the only
diff should be the meter circuits.

Brian

Dear Brian and Everyone else,

Thanks to all for the help, both here and e-mail...

Brian, I think the power transistors are OK, but will swap that
chip and see what cooks...Will let ya know.

73 to all

Steve, K4YZ

If that's all it is, you'll be back in biz in 5 minutes. Good luck. bb