Old September 16th 05, 11:20 PM
Straydog

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Bill wrote:

Steven Swift wrote:

A while back there was a 12v tube thread.

I saw this:

http://www.thamesandkosmos.com/products/ra/ra2.html

advertized in September Scientific American. The ad (on the
builditplayit.com site) says it uses a "double triode" and
requires 8-AA batteries (nominally 12V).

I wonder if it is a 12V tube kit. Perhaps a 12AE7 or similar.

Anyone know?

Can't speak for the kit but I know some guys have successfully used a plain
old 12AT/AU/AX7 at 12 volts with acceptable results.

-Bill

Yes, I've done this, too. Also, when I was a kid playing with this stuff,
I got a 1T4 to audio oscillate at 7 volts on the plate.