Old September 17th 05, 12:11 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Where can I find such a design?

Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
On 16 Sep 2005 07:16:33 -0700, wrote:

Hello,

having seen that's really difficult to make a working MOSFET linear
amplifier
for 6m, I started looking for a bipolar design and components. The
MRF448
transistors seem very expensive. Can anyone suggest an alternate part
or
a different approach (not tubes, I wanted to put this amplifier at the
antenna)?
thanks

Francesco IS0FKQ

MRF492A usually under 22$US new and good for 70W or more. There are
published designs using it that work well for all modes.

Most of the VHF power mosfets are priced around $1US/Watt it seems
and are dreadfully expensive compared to bipolars.

Allison
KB1GMX