Old September 17th 05, 03:21 AM
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I will go out on a limb here. I assume you are evaluating all three
radios from a fixed location? Could it be you are located outside the
Detroit area? Simulcast systems are very particular with respect to
phasing. If your monitoring location is such that you are hearing two or
more sites that have a differential of more than about 15 miles, you
might be getting poorly phased simulcast signals. Try moving the
receivers to a different closer in site. If that works, you may need a
yagi antenna for you base to discriminate the best site for reception.

Chris wrote:

Anybody with digital scanners in the Detroit area, have any problems
monitoring their new simulcast system?? I have an R/S Pro-96 (firmware
upgraded to 1.2), Pro-2096 (firmware upgraded to 1.2) and a Uniden BC796D
which I use to listen to digital systems. For some odd reason, all 3 are
having problems decoding the Detroit system. All 3 scanners claim they can
decode CQPSK/C4M, which this system supposedly is, but none of them are able
to offer an intelligible signal. On some occasions, you can hear part or all
of the transmission, but its hit or miss. All 3 do an awesome job with all
of the other systems I listen to, so what gives?

Chris

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.