Old September 17th 05, 01:04 PM
Chris

Yes you are correct. I am located in a suburb of Detroit, aprox. 10-20 miles
from the 10 sites. 2 of the radios (the Radio Shacks) are using telescoping
antennas. The BC796D is fed with a commercial 800 mhz vertical (9913 coax),
tuned to the 866-869 band. I would have figured that at least that
radio/antenna would have no problem with reception? There seems to be
adequate signal, according to the s-meters on the radios. I've had no
problem monitoring other non-CQPSK/C4M 3600/9600 baud systems until now.

You do state that a Yagi would be preferable.....hmmm, that might be the
answer. This hobby is getting dogone expensive!!!

Thanks,

Chris

"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message

I will go out on a limb here. I assume you are evaluating all three radios
from a fixed location? Could it be you are located outside the Detroit
area? Simulcast systems are very particular with respect to phasing. If
your monitoring location is such that you are hearing two or more sites
that have a differential of more than about 15 miles, you might be getting
poorly phased simulcast signals. Try moving the receivers to a different
closer in site. If that works, you may need a yagi antenna for you base to
discriminate the best site for reception.