Old September 17th 05, 06:51 PM
Cecil Moore

aRKay wrote:
I just purchased a Ten-Tec 1208 Transverter to get my feet wet on six
meters. I would like to use my existing W9INN fan dipole if possible.
At the present time the fan dipole has three sets of wires from the
common feed point for 40/80, 10 MHz and 18 MHz. My plan is to add
another short set of wires cut for 50.125 MHz. Since each of the new
wires will only be 4.67 feet, I plan to use stand offs and run them
close to the 40/80 dipoles. It will be interesting to see if this
really works. Any suggestions for the short stand off insulators?

18 MHz times three equals 54 MHz. The 18 MHz dipole is likely to
detune the 6m dipole. See what the 6m SWR is now. You may not
need any additional wires.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp