Old September 17th 05, 06:59 PM
JC

Floyd Sense wrote:
I don't know why you would so easily dismiss eBay, the single most effective
way of selling ANYTHING. You will, by far, reach the largest pool of
potential buyers there. I've sold a ton of stuff on eBay over the past few
years with very few problems.

I also like to use the QTH.com classified ads, and QRZ.com and eHam ads are
effective as well. The problem with those avenues is that you have to deal
with a lot of tire kickers and others who have no intention of buying
anything. If you don't already have a Paypal account, it would be a good
idea to open one. You can move a lot of gear very quickly if you're not
always waiting for a check or money order to come in the mail. Granted that
Paypal will cost you a fee, but just bump the prices up accordingly instead
of insisting that the buyer pay the fee.

If you're near a large metro area, you might also check out Craig's list.
That's free to list and sell, but will reach a smaller audience than the
other methods. But, it might be possible to avoid shipping hassles as most
Craig's list transactions involve a face-to-face by buyer and seller.

Glad to hear that you returned from Iraq safely.

73, K8AC

Thanks, Its great to be back! There wasn't a whole lot of fun over there.

I have a PayPal account and I'm in the process of getting verified. Its
been unused for well over a year.

The only reason I'm dismissing EBay right now is that I noticed
yesterday that an awful lot of stuff (I used Time: Ending Soonest sort
method) doesn't seem to get any bids, so it didn't look as effective as
it used to be. As a matter of fact, probably 25% of my better
acquisitions came from EBay, most from 1999 thru 2002. Competition
seemed a lot tougher then, but then again, the economy is much tougher now.

I appreciate the quick reply and I'll look into your suggestions and get
a list together soon and post it here and r.r.a.equipment.

I guess the other thing to do is spend some time reviewing these
advertisement areas and see what various equipment average pricing is
nowadays.

Regards,

John C.