Old August 18th 04, 05:50 AM
sparks065

"PatW" wrote in message
m...
Just a question about 6146's. Can the Viking Valiant be refitted with B

types ?
What are the ramifications involved. Has anyone done this ?
Pat W

I've used plain 6146's, the 6146A and the 6146B in my Valiant without
noticing much difference.
If I remember correctly, the Valiant was actually designed for the original
6146.
Of course, the neutalization will be slightly different for each tube type,
but you should reneutralize whenever the final tubes are replaced in any
event.

As far as I know, the only difference between the types is the plate
dissipation ratings and slight differences in interelectrode capacitance.

Folks may have had problems due to variations of quality from maker to maker
(especially during the last years of production when quality went downhill),
rather than problems due to different type variations.

Doug