Old September 17th 05, 06:53 PM
kla1899

"David L. Wilson" wrote in
:

"kla1899" wrote in message
Al Klein wrote in
:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:23:53 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

no moron there is nothiung at http://www.fcc.gov that will let you
download the complete FCC frequency database covering all 50 US
States plus all US territories

Then I guess my IP just triggers something special at the site.
Advertising on a non-advertising newsgroup is spamming - making up
lies to support your "product" just makes you look bad.

the other guys asking you to post that link where, The Other George,
That Other Guy, No Spam oh and me. thats 4 people

You mean your 4 addresses? Or are they your partners?

and yet you have still not posted a link to this free download??

I did, spamming liar.

No moron giving the general URL of http://www.fcc.gov is not giving
the URL of where to download this fictional free file you keep
talking about. In fact there is nothing to download at
http://www.fcc.gov but "Headlines" in ether Word or Acrobat ..

And a link to the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (right side) ,
then link to Dabases (left side) and from there one ends up at
http://wireless.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/wtb-datadump.pl
but it is true the format pf the downloaded files is not at all
friendly and one must be good at database work to use it making most
much much better off buying someone elses CDROM where they have put it
in a more useable form. (If you have never worked with databases, do
not bother downloading the files from the site as you will not know
what to do with them.)

Well ever your site does not have the 2 files we get from the FCC when we
buy there database from them. What we get comes on 2 CD's and it is in .pdf
formate, we convert it to .dbf dBASE format that can be read with any dBase
type program. On our CD is a link to a free download of the old Visual
dBASE 7.5 and it works beautifully for doing anything you want to do with a
..dbf file. The files the FCC sends us are both bigger then 700Meg and to
convert them from .pdf to .dbf takes just under 18hr.

And yes I do get a bit ****ed off when some moron comes on telling folks
it's free it's free when we just shelled out $75.95 for the CD's and when 4
people ask him for the like to these two 724meg and 729meg files he writes
some bull **** like fcc.gov.. You can search fcc.gov from now tell hell
freezes over and not find there complete lcensing database for download,
i. e. if they send it to us on two CD's, the total file would be 1.453Gig
to download. So a guy on a 56K dial up would be download for the next two
weeks. It **** me off even more when this thread was a guy asking for any
other date base because he was having a problem accessing the one he just
paid for, and the moron say spamer spamer spamer.. God what a 5 year old..
Pointing the gey to a good priced database is not spaming.. I guess he
thinks every one should pay for a data base and work for hours to convert
it and set it up so even he can use it then offer it for free "NOT"

--
kla1899