Old September 18th 05, 02:02 AM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:43:55 GMT, aRKay wrote:

I just purchased a Ten-Tec 1208 Transverter to get my feet wet on six
meters. I would like to use my existing W9INN fan dipole if possible.
At the present time the fan dipole has three sets of wires from the
common feed point for 40/80, 10 MHz and 18 MHz. My plan is to add
another short set of wires cut for 50.125 MHz. Since each of the new
wires will only be 4.67 feet, I plan to use stand offs and run them
close to the 40/80 dipoles. It will be interesting to see if this
really works. Any suggestions for the short stand off insulators?

Dick, AA5VU
aa5vu at arrl.net

That 17m (18mhz) antenna should do well. I run a bunch of antennas
and for local work rather than turning a beam I use a `24ft EDZ with
a stub tuning on each wire to match 50ohms. The oddity of that
antenna is it looks like a plain dipole at 18mhz according to the
MFJ269b.

I'd drive that and see what the SWR looked like, it may be fair
as is. Owing to the amount of wire it may offer some amout of gain
over a plain dipole.

Good luck,
Allison
KB1GMX