Old September 18th 05, 05:29 AM

From: Mike Coslo on Sat 17 Sep 2005 14:12

Alun L. Palmer wrote:
" wrote in
From: Michael Coslo on Sep 16, 9:44 am

I'll admit that Len can be irritating at times, but this accusation that he
hates radio hams is nonsensical. I've never seen any evidence of that.

Your opinion. I have read enough of his posts to come to a different
conclusion.

Translation: You didn't get the answer you wanted. Tsk, tsk.

I also agree with his post that dropping the Morse test is THE big issue,
more important than any restructuring, etc.

So What? Does every post have to be about Morse code testing?

NPRM 05-143 is THE hot-button topic for United States amateur
radio right now...and until 14 November. License testing
regulations ARE amateur radio policy.

But, YOU have passed your code test...and can now declare that
all talk of morse code testing does not matter in here?

How magnanimous of you! :-)

You got yours so screw everyone else?

If I make a post about something else, and he turns it to Morse code
testing, does that mean I am *required* to reply?

Are you or are you not a member of the Church of St. Hiram?

Coslo, you've posted a lot lately on religion, theology, ethics
and morals of past and present societies. Are you "qualified"
in those subjects in any way? How do those subjects "belong"
in a newsgroup ostensibly intended for amateur radio POLICY?

So far, he has called me a "poor baby", a "sore loser", and as having a
drinking problem.

Do you have a drinking problem? You demonstrate being a sore loser.

He accuses me of character assassination and more than
I care to look up at this time.

Yessir, you said I "HATE ALL HAMS!" [not in all capitals, but
it might as well have been...:-) ]

And if I care to point it out, I am guaranteed another poor baby thing.

You are? 100% Guarantee? Sorry, your guarantee expired.

Are you a disciple of Captain Future who is prescient?

He calls many people Nazis, or other derisive terms.

If those people act like nazis, then they get called such. TS.

All because they have the unmitigated gall to disagree with him.

Hoooooo...now THAT's being WAY too understated. :-)

Somebody disses me, I toss it right back. The disser gets it in
the kisser and then gets all ****er-y because he can't get
"protection" for his dissing. Tsk, tsk, tskery.

What exactly have I done to him?

Lessee...you called me a "HAM HATER!" :-)

He is here having his brand of good time.

No, I'm not.

If you were to discuss "The Necessity Of Amateur Radio" SUBJECT, it
would be of interest to me.

But, alas, what this sub-thread has turned to are the Travails of
Michael Coslo, subtitled How Mean People Are Picking On Him.
Boo hoo...let us all feel so sorry for Michael.

Do you approve of such activity Alun? Is that a good way to act? Even
if Mr Anderson is 100 percent correct, Is that an excuse for his "style".

"Style?" You want "style?" What kind? Is there a manual on
"style"
that is approved by Your Lordship?

How about "A Manual of Style" by Strunk and White, very much a
'have'
book for writers or anyone involved in American-English grammar.

Is there a Dale Caneigie charm-school manual on "style" for hams?

I've been through a Manager's Charm School course, got the texts,
but doesn't cover amateurs...it was for professionals. That's out.

Does QST have a "Dear Abby" column? Should I run down to the close
HRO store and pick up a copy? It's at the corner of Victory Blvd
and Buena Vista, about three miles from my house. Maybe they have
manuals of "style" there?

An acquaintence is a printer. I can get all kinds of TYPE styles
from him. I consider him a "font" of printing style, but not
of youth.

And you can tell him that I do like good strong discussion and debate.
It has to be good though.

Yes, yes, you've already written you "want to be ENTERTAINED."

"Entertainment" generally costs MONEY. You gots? Wanna call my
agent and negotiate a contract for "style?"

Oh, and you've told EVERYBODY what you want...but have been unable
to tell me direct. Tsk, tsk. No gots guts?

Tell me Alun, how long do you think his "style" of discussion would
stand up in a real debate?

Sweetums, these newsgroups that grew out of ARPANET into USENET were
supposed to be "discussion and debate." Back before USENET was
formed out of ARPANET, users discovered the "diss" and generally
insulted others with impunity, protected by geographic and
chronologic
distance safety. It's been that way ever since. Isn't that
ENTERTAINING enough for you? No? You insist on YOUR "style?"

Tell you what, just get in touch with an Internet-Usenet Boss and
negotiate your OWN STYLE of newsgroup or even chat room. Be the
moderator. Delete all those who don't meet your "style." That
way all within be Happy with "style" and nobody dare sass the
moderator. Nobody else will be able to see it, therefore nobody
will interrupt. Utopia/Nirvana for "STYLE." Your very OWN.

You just keep on repeating that FALSIE about "hating hams." That
will make you real popular. Jeswald already likes you for that
since he says the same scurrilous FALSIE. PCTA will applaud you
and that will make you HAPPY. You can LIE with impunity.

Stylishly yours,