Old September 18th 05, 10:46 PM
I Love LA

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:43:56 GMT, "Sanjaya"
wrote:

"I Love LA" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:55:43 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Not so sure about the difference in performance, but there is most
definately a difference in price...

The drift problem seems to have been fixed, at least it's no longer a
problem on my S350DL. It's also very sensitive off the whip antenna.
The S350DL is now my portable radio of choice, beating out the YB400,
Sony 7600G and ATS909, all of which I own.

How does the new, improved 350 DL compare to the original 350 version
as far as sensitivity... i.e. are they the same in that regard?

What about the selectivity of the 350 DL compared to the 350?

I have the Tecsun version of the 350... a BCL2000. I love it for MW, but
rarely use it for SW due to less than stellar selectivity. Mine is one of the last
Tecsun models with English lettering and I don't have much of a problem with
drift. So I'm wondering if upgrading is worth it, just to have no drift... or are
sensitivity and selectivity improved enough to make the switch?

Thanks for any feedback.

I cannot answer that question, I have never used the S350. The
following article suggests that it is not worth upgrading at this
time.
http://www.radiointel.com/review-tecsunbcl3000.htm