Old September 19th 05, 10:03 PM
msg

Ken Scharf wrote:

I should have been a little bit clearer in my original post; the website
I referred to is our website and the statements on that site are my
statements.

I'm really looking for recollections, comparisons to other chassis layouts,
construction practices, experiences with the design and operation, etc. etc.
I'd like to hear from people who have built, used or are using such a
linear. It would be good to see photos of other examples of this design,
and also of other grounded-grid(s) cathode driven tetrode/pentode designs
which are out there.

Specifically, I'd like to know if our amp was built to a published design
and/or follows a published chassis layout. Does anyone have the '57 handbook,
QST article or version of the SSB manual handy?

Regards,

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum

As mentioned on the website, the linear is basicly the same as one that
appeared in the 1957 handbook and in early ARRL SSB manuals.
That version used modified 1625 tubes, the 837 is very similar to the
modified 1625 but with lower plate input ratings.