Old September 20th 05, 12:06 AM
ldesoto

I don't think the cables are critical. I have a Drake pair and all I've
ever used to connect them is some generic RCA to RCA cables. I've never had
any problems and in fact, I didn't even know Drake made a special set of
cables to connect the twins.

Larry

"Carl WA1KPD" wrote in message
I am not supporting the price, but I seem to recall that the capacity of
one of the cables that interconnect the two VFOs was critical and regular
cable could not be used....
But we are taxing the brain cells back to the late 70s when I owned the
Twins

--
Carl
WA1KPD

"K5VSE" wrote in message
link.net...
I got my whole "C" line for $350.00, including a nice set of cables. And
the WORKED!!! Got them on the air daily. Only thing I really did was to
repaint the cabinets, as they showed normal wear for a rig that old. It
just struck me a little strange to see someone pay THAT much for a set of
cables.
I even got my TR-4 for only $75.00 and use it from the shop pretty near
on a daily basis as well. Oh well, some folks, as you say got more money
than sense.

Have a nice day!

--
Mike-K5VSE
Formerly WB6VSE, senior tech, amateur division