Old September 20th 05, 02:14 AM

From: Dee Flint on Sep 17, 5:07 pm

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
an_old_friend wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
wrote in message
From: Dan/W4NTI on Sep 13, 1:25 pm

From what I can see, Mr Anderson hates ham radio, children, women, and
anyone younger than he is.

tsk, Tsk, TSK! Oh, my, what a STRONG bit of character
assassination!

Have you been taking testosterone, Dee? :-)

I "hate women?!?" No, on the contrary, I MARRIED one. My high
school sweetheart, in fact. A number of our classmates observed
that we truly LIKE each other at our 50th high school reunion.

I "hate children?!?" No. I dislkike CHILDISH, bitter, control-
freaks who think they can personally insult anyone they care to.
The PCTA in here seem to qualify for that trait. "Children"
who can't get along with anyone not sharing their beloved ideas.
They never grew up, the poor dears.

I "hate anyone younger than myself?!?" Absurd! Following Ben
Franklin's observation, the older I get, the more WOMEN there
are to LIKE! :-)

I "hate ham radio?!?" Another absurdity. I dislike the morse
code test for any radio operator license and endeavor to disprove
its necessity at many opportunities.

Amateur radio is, de facto, an enjoyable HOBBY, an avocation
(not an occupation of making money) done for personal pleasure.
Because of the nature of the physics of electromagnetic wave
propagation it must be regulated by a government agency created
to regulate, mitigate interference, and enforce it regulations.
In the USA that is the FCC. Why would anyone "hate" it?

Do you think that morse code is the end-all, be-all of amateur
radio? If you do, I'd say you "hate" talking in a normal voice,
"hate" communicating by data/teleprinter, "hate" sending any form
of television over amateur radio, "hate" everything but morse
code communications...in amateur radio or any other radio service.
That's a lot of HATE, Dee. Be careful it doesn't fester and
make you outraged enough to write some paraphrased W. C. Fields
remarks. :-)

...or would you rather be in Philadelphia? :-)