Old September 20th 05, 04:58 AM
Bill Crocker

Don't panic. Wait awhile until all the dust settles. You are not the only
one experiencing problems with that system, and I have a gut feeling it will
get sorted out soon.

Bill Crocker

"Chris" wrote in message
news
Anybody with digital scanners in the Detroit area, have any problems
monitoring their new simulcast system?? I have an R/S Pro-96 (firmware
upgraded to 1.2), Pro-2096 (firmware upgraded to 1.2) and a Uniden BC796D
which I use to listen to digital systems. For some odd reason, all 3 are
having problems decoding the Detroit system. All 3 scanners claim they can
decode CQPSK/C4M, which this system supposedly is, but none of them are
able to offer an intelligible signal. On some occasions, you can hear part
or all of the transmission, but its hit or miss. All 3 do an awesome job
with all of the other systems I listen to, so what gives?

Chris