Old September 14th 03, 03:00 AM
Ron

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I'm installing a screwdriver antenna in a
Rubbermaid shed at the back corner of my condo. Only about 5 feet of the whip sticks
up above the top of the shed and I'm hoping the home owners assn. won't pay any
attention to it.

I was trying to think of ways to raise the radiation resistance. It is about 40
ohms on 75 meters but only 22 ohms on 40 meters. In fact, the VSWR is around
1.5:1 or less on all bands except 40 meters. I thought 75 would have the worst
match but for some reason it's 40.

So far I have nine 10 ft. radials, one of which is connected to a power
distribution box near my antenna. It has underground power lines going to my
neighbor's houses. I will try adding another radial to a near by water pipe
next, although it sounds like any one radial is not that important. Fortunately
I have an Autek VA1 impedance bridge so I can see what's happening. Of coarse,
understanding it is another matter :').

Ron