Old September 20th 05, 07:19 PM
KØHB

Default Hints and kinks --- wandering foot switch

I like to use a foot switch to key up my transmitter, especially during
contesting when I use a combination earphone/mic headset (Heil Pro-Set).

The problem is that the foot switch tends to get kicked around under the
operating position, finally getting lost just when you hear that new
double-double multiplier in zone 39!

Well, radiomen aren't the only ones to use foot switches, as my lovely XYL K0CKB
pointed out to me. One of her other hobbies is sewing, and seamstresses use a
foot switch all the time, presumably also losing their switch at the worst
possible time. Unlike radiomen, seamstresses did something about it. She sent me
down to the local fabric emporium and told me to ask for a "Pedal Sta-II". You
can see/buy it on the web at http://www.pedal-sta.com/pedal-sta.html. No more
lost foot switch (and multiplier) in the heat of the battle!

73, de Hans, K0HB

Grand Exhalted Liberator of the Fumes of Solder
--
Homepage:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb