Old September 21st 05, 12:49 AM
Jerry Martes

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
David wrote:
I have a 1/2 wave - end fed whip antenna that has been designed for
operation on 915 MHz.

Last time I inquired about this antenna I was told it wasn't
an end-fed but instead was a center-fed sleeve antenna. So
which is it? (Anti)resonance on a bona fide end-fed 1/2WL
antenna is pretty hard to nail down but it doesn't much matter.
One just usually searches for a 50 ohm tap on a coil.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil

I have been in contact with David. I gave him sketches for building a
centerfed 1/2 wave dipole with the coax feed line running inside one half of
the dipole. I am sure he has constructed an antenna like that, center fed
half wave dipole.

Jerry