Old September 21st 05, 06:32 AM
Fred McKenzie

Default Ratcheting Crimp Tool Question

In my collection of crimp tools I have an Aim tool with a die for RG-58
BNC connectors, the new West Mountain Radio tool with a die for PowerPole
connectors and a Tool Aid set with 5 dies for various insulated and
uninsulated terminals. I've noticed that the dies for these tools all
look somewhat alike with respect to the way they are mounted to their
frames. The dies look as if they would fit all three frames.

If the mounting method and dimensions are the same, is there any reason
not to use a die with a different frame?

Does anyone know of a cross reference of commonly available crimp tools
that lists which dies are interchangeable with which frames?

73, Fred, K4DII