Old September 14th 03, 08:45 AM
George, W5YR

This is like telling Moses to read those tablets again . . .

--
73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas

"Tom Bruhns" wrote in message
(Garvin) wrote in message
. com...

But i'd rather use what is called a directional coupler, and get

the
rho from that.

And of course you understand how directional couplers work, right?
Like I told you a while back, be sure it's calibrated to the line
you're measuring.

You need to hit the basic RF books a bit more, my friend.

So, Garvin, please understand this: the model I use for TEM
lines leads to results which are self-consistent and which
match experimental results with respect to all voltages,
currents and powers. It works with both steady-state and
transient conditions. It does all that independent of you
disagreeing, and independent of you calling people liars.
And you would have me forsake it for a model which is
inconsistent, which leads to voltages and/or currents at
the load end of the line which do not match the voltage and
current in the load? You would have me forsake it for a
model which leads to confusion about what's happening with
power, and which does not match what we measure
experimentally? Noooo, I don't think so. Have fun trying
to sort it all out, mon.

Cheers,
Tom