Old July 10th 03, 09:05 PM
W5DXP

Jim Kelley wrote:

W5DXP wrote:
I have told you time after time, that the load impedance doesn't matter
and the feedline length doesn's matter.

It matters in exactly the same way that the index of refraction of the
glass substrate matters.

Yes, it does, which is not at all if we already know the
reflected irradiance which is a given. If the reflected
irradiance is a given, you don't need to know the index of
refraction of the glass. In fact, if it is unknown, you can
calculate it from the given reflected irradiance.

50V at zero degrees and 1A at 180 degrees = 50W
50V at 180 degrees and 1A at zero degrees = 50W

:-) Yes, very technical. If a math question was posed, I must have
missed it.

It ain't rocket science. What is the superposed sum of the
two above waves? What happens to the intrinsic energy pre-
existing in those waves before they cancel each other?

Using the values above, calculate the rate of flow of energy equal to
V*I. That's how much energy is involved in your dilema here.

The rate of flow of energy has to be 100 joules/sec since the energy
in those two waves cannot stand still and cannot be destroyed. We
already know that the energy in those two waves joins the forward-
traveling power wave toward the load.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP