Old September 22nd 05, 02:54 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote

This is what has me worried. If a new Whiz-bang system is going to work, it
has to connect the whole nation.

Mike,

Come back to the discussion when you understand the term "regional
interoperability".

DOS Hint: It has absolutely nothing to do with "connect the whole nation".

Hans, I done some reading!

From what I can see the spectrum is presumed worth a lot of money.

I read about Texas' interoperability plan. They are doing 8 channels in
the 2 meter neighborhood, and also have a 700 MHz plan

http://www.dfwinfo.com/hs/radio/PDF/region40_web.pdf

for the 700 MHz plan. It has a little info, but is heavy on extraneous
stuff.

Looks like we've settled on a 6.25 KHz voice path. That's good!

My opinion is that "regional" don't cut it. It will probably work well
until the big one hits.

- Mike KB3EIA -