Old September 22nd 05, 04:54 AM

On 20 Sep 2005 08:18:28 -0700, wrote:

My wife and I just bought a home with a housewide stereo system which
the previous owner says is "plug in play"- not sure if that is more
than just marketing.

Tell him your sex life is none of his damned business.

The basement has three Bose amplifiers which run
to speakers in several rooms. Each room has a Bose volume control, and
some rooms have input/output jacks which the owner said are for things
like a cd player but not a stereo.

I "think" I need a pre-amp to plug my DVD player, Direct Tv, etc into.
And if I understand this stuff correctly, I need to scrap my receiver
and if I want FM the I need a "tuner"? But that FM is less important.

Do I sound on track? And if so, can you recommend a decent preamp at
an affordable price (preferably below $200, please don't laugh).
Brett

How many scanners will this setup handle?