Old September 22nd 05, 09:01 PM
Alex Clayton

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
On 20 Sep 2005 16:11:19 -0700,
said in
alt.radio.scanner:

Queens Elmhurst Jackson Heights
Rosevelt Avenue and 82 St

Manahattan
Herald Mall,
Herald Square

Manhattan
Grenenich Village
779 Broadway near 10 Street

Hop on the Long Island RailRoad. Go to Port Jefferson. Take a cab to
the Rocky Point RS store. (Call first, and make sure that Melissa is
there - she's the one who knows what she's doing. Paul, the manager,
does too.)

Hey, at least ONE store in the NY Metro area can program scanners.

They do seem to be few and far between these days, don't they?

When I went into the close by one that used to have someone who had a
clue, they told me he had gotten a better job, and "nobody else knows
much about scanners". No kidding. I was looking to get a PRO 95 for a
friend and when I called, they said they had two.

Well, while I waited while he looked for one, I played with a PRO 96,
and a couple of others, none of them programmed with much of anything at
all. I had to ask the guy when he finally came out with one, "Why don't
you have the displays loaded up with freqs so people can hear something
when they look at them?"

"Well, it's pretty complicated!"

You know what that kid is going to be??

A lawyer...scary.