Old September 22nd 05, 10:26 PM
Antonio Vernucci

Tony....
=20
I think there is something wrong. The manual I downloaded from BAMA =

says
the oscillator frequency is ABOVE the signal frequency on ALL bands!
=20
73, Roger

Hi Roger,

what you say is interesting.

I have an original SX-101A manual, which I presume should be the same as =
the BAMA copy. Could you please tell me at which page you read that? In =
my manual I was unable to find any mention of the oscillator frequency.

I am pretty sure of the oscillator frequencies, as I measured them both =
with a frequency meter and with an oscilloscope (the oscillator waveform =
period on 20 meters is somewhat longer than on 40 meters, no question =
about that). And the strong 9.5 MHz phantoms frequencies are exactly =
what they should be with an halved oscillator frequency.

On the other hand my receiver was owned by a person who never put his =
hands in it, but even hypothesizing that someone did something in it, =
what could he have done to make the oscillator frequency exactly half of =
what one would expect to be, and on 10, 15 and 20 meters only? Halving =
the oscillator frequency would cause the dial scale to be no longer =
correct; matching is instead fairly good (with normal tolerances for a =
receiver of that kind).

73

Tony I0JX / K0JX