Old September 22nd 05, 11:58 PM
Antonio Vernucci

Roger,

I carefully re-checked the manual and I found the text you mentioned.

It literally reads: "The 1st conversion oscillator operates at a =
frequency higher than the incoming signal by an amount equal to the =
first intermediate frequency of 1650 kc/s"

That sentence clearly states that the beat frequency is higher than that =
of the incoming RF signal but, in my opinion, it does not absolutely =
also imply that the beat frequency corresponds to the fundamental =
oscillator frequency.

In other words, it is true that the beat frequency is always higher than =
the incoming RF signal, but the beat frequency could be obtained by =
taking the second harmonic of the oscillator frequency. And the sentence =
would still be meaningful.

I am taking that interpretation as I am 101% sure that, on 10, 15 and 20 =
meters, the beat frequency is twice the fundamental oscillator =
frequency.

73

Tony, I0JX=20