Old August 29th 04, 05:44 PM
David

Hank-
Alas, Houston has become a wasteland for electronics scrounging from what
I've been able to tell.
The EPO outlets used to have a reasonable amount of miltary and commercial
surplus, but they've become commercialized towards computers, and the other
garden variety electronics stores only carry the traditional stuff. Fry's
is pretty cool, but obviously no surplus. Madison Electronics used to be
the cats meow, but that was many years ago.

I assume you've heard of dallas' 1st Saturday sale, which occurs this coming
weekend.
http://www.firstsaturday.com/ it's become computer-centric, but most of the
electronics stuff (i.e. ham) start setting up around 7:00AM in the back
area.

Also Ft Worth has Nortex
http://www.montagar.com/~patj/nortex.htm
Which is waay cool to browse, but don't expect to find any incredible finds
or deals.

Too bad Houston isn't more like Dallas wrt surplus goodies.

regards
-dave
W5OC

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
om...
Are there any neat surplus electronics parts, eqpt, etc stores left in and
around Houston that I should check out on my this week?
tnx

--
73
Hank WD5JFR