Old September 22nd 05, 11:48 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Thanks, I'll check things out.

Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
Try the ARRL website under TIS. It's called the "Compact 6M brick".
It was published in the OCT 1990 QST.

The circuit is very close to the Motorola test circuit for the device
with bias for linear operation.

FAR Circuits has the board for it. I think they can supply a reprint
as well.

If thats not enough power two of them with 2 port splitter/ combiners
will get you better than anywhere from 150-180W. A Wilkinsen
splitter and combiner is fairly easy to do at 6m either as lumped
elements or maybe even coax.

Allison
KB1GMX

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:11:48 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

Where can I find such a design?

Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
. ..
On 16 Sep 2005 07:16:33 -0700, wrote:

Hello,

having seen that's really difficult to make a working MOSFET linear
amplifier
for 6m, I started looking for a bipolar design and components. The
MRF448
transistors seem very expensive. Can anyone suggest an alternate part
or
a different approach (not tubes, I wanted to put this amplifier at the
antenna)?
thanks

Francesco IS0FKQ

MRF492A usually under 22$US new and good for 70W or more. There are
published designs using it that work well for all modes.

Most of the VHF power mosfets are priced around $1US/Watt it seems
and are dreadfully expensive compared to bipolars.

Allison
KB1GMX