Old September 23rd 05, 04:44 PM
Al Klein

On 23 Sep 2005 05:50:58 -0700, said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Question: is there a specification on which way the interior glass
mount is to be oriented? I seem to recall from the past that the inner
piece had to be oriented properly with the outer. If that was wrong it
would not work. I'm hoping that this is the problem. I don't see any
'orientation arrows' on the mount.

Look again. If there aren't any, it's probably a cheap knock-off
antenna that works equally poorly in any orientation. Get a Larsen.
(Even my 144/470 Larsen on-glass works pretty well on all bands, and
their 150/450/850 works better.)

I hope the antenna is installed at the very top of the glass. There's
about 10db loss between the top and bottom. And it's installed to sit
vertically, right? Not at some "sexy" angle, like a lot of cellphone
antennas?

I'd like to get some input before I go back to the installer.

Next time go to a two-way radio shop instead of an audio shop.