Old September 24th 05, 07:51 AM
M.

"Bob McConnell" wrote in message
/snip/
The HTX-202 was made by ICOM and is compatible with some of
their other products.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Umm, no. The HTX-202 was based on a the Icom 02AT, but the design was
purchased by Radio Shack, who contracted with Maxon to build the radio with
alterations requested by Radio Shack, including the full-size display,
unmod-able frequency coverage, more memory, and some other changes I can't
remember at the moment. I passed up the chance to purchase a 202 with the
Maxon name on it several years ago at HamCom, wish I'd bought it, now. The
battery packs are interchangeable between the 202, the 02AT and the 2AT (oh,
and of course their UHF versions).