Old September 25th 05, 02:10 PM
David

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 03:17:49 GMT, Dan Conti wrote:

They are nice sounding radios, but a bit overpriced IMHO.
NOT an AM DX machine either.

You obviously got a bad one, return it for a new one.

Dan
OK, a Tivoli Model 1 is not a shortwave receiver, but I do recall this
radio being discussed in here a few years ago.

Anyway, I decided to buy one today. I get home, open the box, plug in
the radio, and turn it on in eager anticipation of soothing FM sounds.

Click ... WWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Nothing but
incredibly loud feedback!!! I thought maybe Pete Townshend was in the
room. Yes, I tried different outlets and locations, same result.

Has anyone else had problems with their Tivoli, or am I just lucky? I
was disappointed to see that, despite the name, it's apparently just
another piece of Chinese junk.

They are killer for FMDX. My first one had a bad AUX IN jack that was
making the audio cut out. Keep returning it until you get a good one.