Old September 25th 05, 03:12 PM
Daniel J. Morlan

Default Reunited with my first radio love courtesy of eBay. But smokey!

Was wondering if anyone here has had any experience removing smoker's odors
from a used radio? I won an auction for a Radio Shack DX-398, and I had
originally sold mine to pay some bills. I was ecstatic to have won, and am
STILL ecstatic to have "my" radio back, and here it will STAY for all time.
Just it stinks like it was used for an ashtray. Was considering putting it
in an airtight container with baking soda... (No baking soda ON the console
or anything, mind you... Just sharing a large container with a cup of it
harmlessly to the side.)

Regards,

Daniel