Old September 25th 05, 08:38 PM
Les

David wrote:
On 25 Sep 2005 11:20:40 -0700, "Les" wrote:

Yes, cigarettes are bad for your health, but I've not seen any radios
of the 50's 60's tube era that were "damaged" by smoke/nicotine.
Hammarlund SP-600's and R-390 series receivers were literally covered
with a golden brown coating of nicotine and continued to work in spite
of it.

Cuhulin, you actually need to get an antenna and a real shortwave
receiver and then study real hard before you unleash those two peas
that rattle around inside your malformed skull.

Les Locklear
Monitoring since ' 57
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Bendix R-1051B/URR
Hallicrafters SX-62A
Hammarlund SP-600JX-14
Kiwa Modified Icom R75
RCA CR-88A
http://www.hammarlund.info/homepage.html

The deposits are bad for switch contacts and deadly on Daven step
attenuators used widely in old-fashioned mixing desks. Also very bad
on tape heads.

Where do you find tape heads and daven step attenuators on a shortwave
receiver? Oh, I know that some portables have a tape recorder unit, but
I'm talking a "real" shortwave receiver?

All of you idiots need to find another hobby or a job that keeps you
busier.