Old September 14th 03, 10:31 PM
Ed Price

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2003 12:35:05 -0700, (Art Unwin KB9MZ)
wrote:

I have never seen a reason to spend big money on
a Bird wattmeter but I do have a question.
What exactly is inside the various slugs
that one must use with this meter ?
Art

Hi Art,

A loop, at least one cap, a diode, at least one resistor.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

The little network, along with the section of coax line inside the main
housing, forms a directional coupler. A Bird 43 (or similar, but the 43's
are readily available, used, on eBay) is about the cheapest way to get
answers about the design and performance of your antenna and transmitter
system.

And if you think a Bird 43 is big money, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Ed
WB6WSN