Old September 26th 05, 08:19 PM
Jeff

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:50:58 -0700, daedalusnj wrote:

Question: is there a specification on which way the interior glass
mount is to be oriented? I seem to recall from the past that the inner
piece had to be oriented properly with the outer. If that was wrong it
would not work. I'm hoping that this is the problem. I don't see any
'orientation arrows' on the mount.

all the 2 pieces are more or less are the 2 "plates"
of a capacitor with the glass acting as a dielectric. So in short
the signal is capacitively coupled from the inside to the ouside.
There are no arrows on it because it really doesnt matter wich
corner of one side is matched up with wich corner on the outside.
As long as they are aligned and not off center or on a piece of
glass with wires in it or other material, it doesnt matter. Used to
have one for years and I change vehicles every other year so I
changed mine a lot. I routed the inside box for the easiest cable
run, still worked fine.